There are many aspects of recreational land.
1. There is your desired use.
2. There is the realistic use
3. There is Government regulated use.
1. You need to think about where you want to buy this land.
2. You need to know what each parcel has to offer.
3. You need to have it fit your budget.
Recreational properties can require a larger down payment by banks than a primary home loan. Even contract for deeds many times want more down than a bank and a higher interest rate.
All of this takes time...a lot of time. Not all answers you want can or will be answered right when you ask them. Working with an agent that has intimate knowledge of the area you are interested in will save a lot of time.
It is the Middle of March...Realistically it could take until the 1st of May to close on your recreational purchase.
It is time to start now!!!
Not everything you wnat to do will be on one property. A good local agent will know what is close by.