The price of a college education is continuing to rise and many college bound students living in the Denver area are looking for financial aid to help with the cost. A recent study done by National Postsecondary Student Aid revealed that only 5.1 percent of undergraduate students received a non-athletic scholarship. Competition is fierce for scholarships, and Denver students need to give themselves the best chance of getting the much needed help that comes with it.
When it comes to securing a scholarship you want to start the application process early and make sure to give yourself plenty of time to find that one that best fits your skills. Many times an application will require an essay and a letter of recommendation to accompany it. Start the process early and this will give you ample time to get all the needed things together for the applications deadline. Be involved in your community and volunteer your time, as this plays a big part when it comes to winning today’s scholarships. If you are interested in finding ways to volunteer in your community start by searching at www.volunteermatch.org.
Here are a few tips to give you the best advantage of securing the right scholarship for you.
· Attention to detail is a must. Follow all directions very carefully. Provide all the required information and do not add in things that are not asked of you.
· Double check the application to be sure that it is filled out completely. Do not leave any question blank. If the question does not apply to you then make sure to note that on the application.
· Be watchful of deadlines. You do not want to miss out on a scholarship because you missed the deadline. Put all deadlines for applications you will be submitting on your calendar and stick to it.
· Double check your work. Typos and poor grammar will substantially impact your chances of winning. Have a teacher or a parent look over your application for any errors.
Tips for writing that perfect letter or essay that many scholarships require.
· Take this opportunity to let scholarship providers know who you really are. Make yourself shine and let them know why they should award you the scholarship. Include details in your letter or essay that allows scholarship officials to get to know you.
· Honesty is important. Do not lie about your skills, the experience you have, or the grades you have gotten. If there comes a time in the application process that you feel you need to be untruthful it more than likely means you are applying for a scholarship that is not right for you.
· Be yourself. Let scholarship officials know who you are by letting your personality shine in your letter or essay. Include details that reveal the real you.
Are you looking to call Denver home? The Bandy Team is here for all of your real estate needs. We can help you buy or sell a Denver home. If you are thinking about buying a Denver home, we can show you some wonderful properties in Washington Park (also known as Wash Park). You may also be interested in real estate in Parker, or homes in Stapleton, and there are some terrific properties in Denver Highlands.
Until Next Time,
The Bandy Team
RE/MAX Professionals- Denver, CO
"From Our Heart to Your Home"