Helpful Mooooving Tips List
Take some of the stress out of the million details that there seem to be when moving. Sellers don’t always remember….and Buyers sometimes don’t know what to ask when it comes to who needs to be notified. This will vary of course from market to market. We cover a number of counties in our service area and there can be things unique to certain Villages and cities that require special attention. Be the professional we know you are and provide a customized list for you Buyers and Sellers to make the transition from their home or to their new one.
1) Go the post office or visit the postal service on line at: www.USPS.com. With a few clicks and $1 to your credit card (They are verifying your identity) you can have mail forwarded to your address.
2) Utility companies– Some locations combine gas and electric, others are served by separate companies…or your client may have oil or propane gas. These companies should be notified that the account will change on the day of closing. In the case of oil or propane gas, make sure that there is a reading taken so that the Seller may be properly credited for fuel remaining in the tank after closing that will be used by the Buyer.
3) Water and Sewer– While this bill is sometimes just sent to: Occupant or Resident of and the address…in some communities it is in the name of the homeowner. Make sure you find out and have that change reflecting the closing date so this bill is not forwarded to the former owner after closing.
4) Magazines and any other newspapers or publicationscan get the change of address card ordered on line or picked up at the post office.
5) Cable, Satellite or Dish networks and Internet providers...follow the instructions that they provide for a move. You may find that these folks are really busy and best to plan ahead for the switch to new owners. Often times the change to new requires that the current homeowner put in an order to stop their service first before they will accept one for new service.
6) Doctors and Dentists should be included in a change of address. If the
move is long distance, be sure medical/dental records and prescriptions are
7) Friends and Family appreciate getting a note with your address…phone and email if appropriate.
Provide the links, phone numbers or any other contact information…be the best Realtor you can be….your buyers and sellers will appreciate it !
If you are looking for the prompt professional real estate service you deserve….and you are in Southeastern Wisconsin…Call us…we will be happy to show we why we have called Wisconsin home for a lifetime and find you the house to call home ….or help you with the sale that will get you the best possible return on your investment.