1. Making an offer on a home with out being pre-qualified.
- Pre-qualifing will make your life easier- so take the time to speak to a lender. Their specific questions in regard to income, debt, etc., will help determine the price range you can afford. it is an important step on the path to home ownership.
2. Not having a home inspection.
- Trying to save money today can end up costing you money tomorrow. A qualified inspector will detect issues that many buyers overlook.
3. Limiting your search to open houses, or ads on the Internet.
- Open houses represent a small percentage of the homes available for sale. Ads can be out of date or not provide enough data to make an informed decision. Fuel and your time are valuable commodities. Use the services of a Realtor®, you will be pleased you did.
- You want a Realtor® you can establish a business relationship with. One that you feel confident will have your best interests at heart.
5. Focusing on only one home.
- Choosing the right home is a matter of elimination. Provide your realtor® with the criteria you need in a home and then sift through the homes available on the market. Your Realtor® will provide a comparative Market Analysis on the home you choose to determine market value before submitting an offer.
6. Failing to consider long term needs
- It is vital you look at your needs at least 3 to 5 years in advance.
7. Insurance issues
- Check with your insurance agent on issues of coverage and issues of concern. Your agent can provide you with a CLUE report on the home you consider buying, detailing claims made against the home in recent years.
8. Not determining the total cost of buying the home
- Your Agent can provide you with a net sheet with a break down of your expenses when buying your home. Also be aware of Home Owner Association fees and any other reoccurring fees.
9. Meeting your goals and needs
- Ultimately it is your responsibility to insure that your concerns have been met. For example schools, crime rates, community services, etc.
10. Buying a service plan
- You have the option of a service plan, and there are choices in the plans. They may help you avoid unexpected repair expences as you are responsible for the deductible only in most cases.
Contact Team Pat and Don 972-389-2191