Here are the top ten things you NEVER do in Wilton, CT in order to take good care of your septic system....
Top 10 Don'ts for your Septic System
1. Don't do all your laundry in one day-spread it out though-out the week
2. Don't have leaky faucets or running toilets-get them repaired
3. Don't run the dishwasher and washing machine at the same time
4. Don't flush anything other than toilet paper
5. Don't put paint or household chemicals down the drain
6. Don't park cars or trucks over septic or build patios, decks, sheds or sports courts over it.
7. Don't drain water from pools or hot tubs into your septic
8. Don't waste water - Use low-flow faucets and showerheads
9. Don't use powder detergents or liquid Tide (sorry, Tide, but you are bad for a system...)
10. Don't have any tree roots growing into septic area- get the roots removed