I'm always surprised by how polarizing the subject of open houses is to agents and sellers. Open Houses have been a key component of my business for years. Yes, it's a great way to let other agents easily preview the home, meet the neighbors (and ask them to bring their potential buying friends), and show it to my buyers.
Why Do Realtors Host Open Houses?
Realtors Host Open Houses:
- To invite other agents to conveniently see the house, without an appointment
- To allow neighbors to tour the house so they can share information about the house, with friends and acquaintances interested in the neighborhood
- To show the house to perspective buyers
- To help future buyers get acquainted with the neighborhood
- To answer specific questions about the property and follow-up with visitors, who request additional information.
Providing Your Contact Information
If you are working with a Realtor, provide his/her contact information and the listing agent, or agent holding the Open House, will share valuable information with your Realtor about price changes, or other listing changes. It is a good ideas to ask your Realtor to supply you with business cards to share with agents when you visit open houses. Remember, your Realtor represents your best interests and the agent hosting the open house represents the Seller.
If you are not working with a Realtor, you may request that the agent hosting the Open House research and provide additional information to assist you with your real estate needs.
You may discover that the Realtor hosting the open house is a good fit for your real estate needs.