When it is ready for prospective Buyer to see it.
Many homeowners think that putting their house on the market in the early Spring is a good time to list their house. Spring time is a great time to put your house on the market. - But it has to be ready for buyers to see it. It needs to be Photo Ready.
You only have ONE shot at a 1st impression. Buyers are looking online to find a home. They love to look at pictures and Virtual Tours. They will make a decision whether they want to view your home based on the pictures they see. If your house shows poorly online, you will loose the opportunity to have them consider your house. They will bypass it.
You will not get a second chance. If you put your house on the market too soon and then make changes and resubmit your pictures, chances are the people who already saw it will not look at it again because they already ruled it out.
- When it is de-cluttered.
- When the chipping & peeling paint is scraped & painted.
- When the red walls are painted more neutral (unless the red walls fit the rest of the house)
- When the lawn and grounds are groomed.
- When the trash is removed.
- When the windows are washed.
- When the carpets and floors are cleaned.
- When the Kitchen and Baths are cleaned.
- When the closets are organized.
- When the Basement, Attic & Garage are cleaned out, packed or organized.
- When the house & grounds looks inviting.
- When prospective Buyers are ready to see it.
- When it is Photo Ready.
Take your time. Do it right. Rushing to put your house on the market to get it out there for a certain time or season could prove to be a mistake. Make a plan and work your plan. The result will be a worth your time and investment.