Looks like Brian needs some love from his Activerain family or perhaps he is overloaded on sugar from his Easter candy (if he received any, maybe he wasn't a "good boy").
I started on this journey here on Active Rain back on December 30th of this year. I gave it a valiant attempt, but have decided that Active Rain is no longer the place to post my blogs. Allow me to explain why I'm canceling my Active Rain account, effective immediately.
1) I've dedicated a good portion of time and effort into Active Rain over the past 3 months. There are so many things that I could be doing to better utilize my time in order to be more productive. Things like Facebook, Twitter, Angry Birds... I think the new season of Dancing With The Stars starts soon. Finally I will be able to watch it live instead of DVR. (People on Facebook always spoil the ending for me)
2) I've posted 123 blog posts including this one. Out of all of that, I've only gotten 6 featured posts. I mean, come on, that is less than 10% of my posts being featured. I've received 919 comments on those 123 posts. That is an average of less than 10 comments per post. I write good content darn it!
3) In 3 months of building relationships and showing my expert knowledge of the Dallas area, I have only received 1 referral. ONE!! You guys KNOW I'm the best, right?
4) Contests - COME ON! What a joke. I've entered almost every contest there is on Active Rain. Sure, I got 2nd place in one of them and got a ton of bonus points, but I really feel that the movie contest was rigged. I mean, come on, my entry was Star Wars themed, and everyone likes Star Wars! I should have been first. And I didn't win the Market Leader leads contest either. Again, a total joke.
5) After 3 months, I'm not even in the top 10 in points for my county, let alone my state. I have just over 80k points, but to get into the top 10 in Dallas county, I'd have to earn another 103k points. To get to the top 10 in Texas, I'd have to earn another 660k points! At this rate, it is going to take FOREVER to do that. Ain't nobody got time for that!
7) Scott Nowling has stolen my blog signature. Plagiarism!
8) Nobody apparently wants to help a sick child. That makes me sad.
9) Not a single person has offered to help me in the Sensei/Grasshopper group or contest. NO ONE! Sure, I never asked for help, but I can't give all the time and expect nothing in return. Preposterous!
10) I was excited to meet Bob Stewart and Kerrie Greenhalgh at Keller Williams Family Reunion. I even got to meet Ben Kinney and Chad Hyams. I even shook ALL of their hands! Yet I'm still not ranking #1 on Google for Dallas Real Estate. There really is no justice in this world.
All of this tells me that Active Rain has been a huge waste of my time and that is why I'm canceling my Active Rain account, effective immediately. Please don't try to convince me to stay.
Happy April Fools Day everyone.
Did you like this article? Please take a moment to share it, like it, tweet it, or reblog it! I would also like to hear from you in the comments below, even if it is just a simple THANK YOU!
Search The Following Areas For Your New Home:
Highland Park, TX Real Estate Addison, TX Real Estate Carrollton, TX Real Estate
University Park, TX Real Estate Frisco, TX Real Estate Richardson, TX Real Estate
Farmers Branch, TX Real Estatee Plano, TX Real Estate Rockwall, TX Real Estate
Highland Village, TX Real Estate Lewisville, TX Real Estate Coppell, TX Real Estate
Grapevine, TX Real Estate Southlake, TX Real Estate Irving, TX Real Estate