Top 10 Outdoor Things to do in Colorado Springs
With spring and summer just around the corner, you'll find Colorado Springs to be a mecca for almost every kind of sport enthusiast. You'll want to know what the Top 10 things to do are:
10. Hiking trails alongside the numerous, always beautiful waterfalls at Cheyenne Canyon.
9. Red Rock Canyon is a favorite amongst the mountain biker community.
8. Cave of the Winds - a great way to cool off on a hot summer day.
7. Take a walking tour of the beautiful United States Air Force Academy - you can catch a glimpse of the basic trainees who arrive every June.
6. USAFA's Falcon Trail boasts 12 miles of stunning Rocky mountain single track trail riding which connects to numerous other paths including the...
5. Santa Fe Trail, a scenic, maintained 30 mile route from Colorado Springs to Palmer Lake. There are plenty of places to take a break along the way.
4. Ride the Cog Railway up to Pikes Peak from Manitou Springs - the views are spectacular.
3. While in Manitou, climb the Incline and then descend on the Barr Trail ( some consider it bad form to descend the incline.)
2. Battlefield Colorado is a family adventure. Imagine using military style laser tag toy weapons with airsoft and paintball combined.
1. Rock Climbing. The number one of top 10 Outdoor things to do in Colorado Springs has to be Sport, Traditional and Aid rock climbing, as well as the Bouldering routes which abound at the majestic Garden of the Gods.
The Gorgeous Santa Fe Trail