5 Proven Tips to Sell Your Home in Illinois
We all know that the real estate market has been more of a Buyer's Market than a Seller's Market for the past 5 years; however recent reports show that the market is changing in favor of the Seller. If you're looking to sell your home in the current market, we've compiled a list of 5 proven tips to sell your home in Illinois.
Get Your Home Sold Fast in 2013
1. Hire a Broker from the Top 10% There are hundreds of real estate brokers in the market, but you need to look for the real estate broker who can sell your house fast. Ask for personal recommendations from relatives and friends. Recommendations are the best way to go. The best brokers who comprise 10% of all real estate brokers actually handle 90% of real estate businesses. Find one of these brokers. He will steer you through the process and avoid the headache.
2. Consider All Bids Many homeowners refuse to consider first offers. They get a bite early on, and they feel like they can get more. Initially, you would feel like that the first offer isn’t that great. You would likely feel that there would be better and bigger offers if you just wait. Don’t be tempted to ignore the first bid. Seriously take it in consideration.
3. Use Only the Best Photos for Your Ads If you don’t want to hire a professional photographer, get a camera with wide-angle lens. You can rent one of these. Many buyers go online to look for houses, and they ignore homes without photos and shop by photos. A good camera can make your home look larger, nicer and brighter.
4. Offer Financial Incentives to Prospective Buyers Home buyers take two things into consideration when buying houses: they look for their dream home and they look for homes that they can afford. If you could offer financial incentives to prospective buyers, you will likely receive more offers for your home. Offer to pay taxes or shoulder the closing costs. You can even offer to pay for modifications or renovations that the buyer wants to do. Be creative.
5. Use Social Media to Advertise Your Home You don’t have to pay a lot of money just to get the word out that you are selling your house. The Internet is a great marketing and advertising tool. You can get the word out through Facebook or Twitter. If you would like to give potential buyers a more personal perspective, shoot a video. Introduce your home to potential buyers. Upload the video on YouTube and send links to friends, relatives, colleagues. Get the word out. Make sure your broker is doing the same thing.
If you would like to learn more tips on how to sell your home fast click here.
Though it doesn't stop at these few tips, hiring an experienced real estate broker, who knows your area, and works with an outstanding team is yet another tip that will allow you to sell your home in 2013. The market has been through its share of ups and downs, and the few remaing brokers who have learned how to navigate this market are those who can actually help you.
If you need assistance selling your home, whether you're in foreclosure, needing to do a short sale, or you simply want to sell your home, we can help!
Contact Maikol at Real People Realty who has more than 10+ years experience. He can be reached at 708.218.3612, or visit the "The Market Insider" section of his site to learn what's happening in your market.