Real estate agents from all areas of the country are talking about building a database and using that database to generate real estate leads. You hear a lot of chatter about this yet very few people know how it is done. I talked with Greg Harrelson, owner of C21 The Harrelson Group in Myrtle Beach, SC and he was willing to share the Top 2 Mistakes and 3 tips on database building and lead generation.
Top 2 Mistakes
1) Buying a database - Agents are trying to take the easy way out by buying databases from internet companies. First of all, this is spam and is not allowed and second, the conversion rate is terrible.
2) Too much sales talk - Agents attempt to get deals too fast from their databases. You do not need to put sales tactics in your email communication. Your audience will tune you out if they know you are always trying to sell them something.
Top 3 Tips
1) Offer value or don't email at all - Agents like to talk but your audience gets to choose if they are going to listen. You need to be talking about things they want to listen to or they will opt out. Bring value by educating your database.
2) Consistancy - Your email communication must follow a schedule. Once per month, twice per month...no matter the frequencey, be consistant.
3) Add people daily - Your database should grow everyday. Meet new people and add them to your database. Your attorney, banker, dentist or anyone else you come in contact with...they must go in your database.
Building and working a database is not a new idea. The real estate industry has been doing this for years through direct mail. They use to call it 'farming'. With advances in technology, agents are able to communciate in a much more efficient manner. Infusionsoft is one of the best tools available to real estate agents today. It s not your average CRM...it does much more.
If you want some more coaching, then visit our website, see Infusionsoft for real estate agents and read some articles about lead generation through databases.