Here are some tips on how to "go green" and help the earth just a little bit more. Every little bit counts and anything you can do to help will help in the long run. Of course, the more you do, the better for everyone.
Please consider doing some of the following things.
- Install low-flow shower-heads
- Purchase only compact fluorescent light-bulbs (CFL's)
- Walk or ride a bike instead of driving a car. If you have to drive, try taking the bus or carpool.
- Instead of purchasing new books, go to your local library and check out books and movies there.
- Buy from Farmers Markets instead of purchasing fruits and vegetables in grocery stores
- Install an energy saving thermostat in your home and set the thermostat a couple degrees warmer in the summer and a couple degrees cooler in the winter.
- Recycle your newspapers, plastic and glass
- Use a rain barrel to catch water to water your flower gardens with
- Install ultra-low flow toilets
- Fix any leaky or dripping faucets immediately
- Make your own compost from yard waste and food scraps
- Purchase energy efficient appliances
- Install a water filter to filter tap water rather than buying bottled water
- Purchase cloth bags and reuse them at grocery stores instead of using their paper or plastic bags
- Use recycled paper
- Turn the water off while brushing your teeth
- Unplug electronic items when not in use
- Buy rechargeable batteries
- Recycle your old cell phones
- Read newspapers and magazines online instead of having them delivered to your home
- Use solar powered lighting outside
- Install solar panels
- Buy organic foods
We are slowly killing our planet. Please do your part to put a stop to it!