Portsmouth New Hampshire homeowners work hard to get their homes ready for showings, and they know what we've been dealing with this winter for weather, and yes, it's snowing yet AGAIN here today!
If you have your home or condo on the market for sale, you're faced with the challenges of dealing with snow, ice and slushy messes while trying to keep your floors clean for showings. It's certainly not easy, that's for sure!
Here are some quick and easy tips to help keep the messes outside and not inside on your floors:
- Keep walkways, steps patios, decks and driveways clear of snow and ice - this takes some work, but it does 2 major things for you, 1) it helps to keep the winter messiness out of your house because there's nothing to track in, and 2) it helps to decrease your liability because there will be fewer slips and falls if driveways and walkways are kept clear.
- Have a thick sturdy mat right outside your front door - provide a good mat to encourage everyone entering your home to wipe their shoes off really well.
- Place an good oversized mat just inside your front door - another great place for potential buyers and their agents to wipe their shoes well one more time, and for those who just automatically remove their shoes in bad weather, having an oversized mat will provide room for their shoes while still leaving room to wipe shoes and place umbrellas on.
- Don't request that shoes be removed for showings - many buyers and agents are very uncomfortable walking around someone else's home without their shoes on, and this request will not get the showings for those people off to a good start.
- Keep a basket of booties or shoe covers right beside the door, or use plastic runners over the carpet and place paper runners over hardwood, laminate or tile floors - these runners can be picked up pretty inexpensively at hardward stores or home improvement stores. You can often buy these shoe covers there as well, and those are very inexpensive, too.
I hope these tips are helpful, and if you've got others to add, please feel free to leave them in the comments so we can share those tips, too.
If you're thinking about selling your home or condo here in the Portsmouth NH and southern Maine areas, I'd welcome the opportunity to talk with you about helping you achieve your real estate goals.
Related Articles of Interest for Portsmouth NH Real Estate:
- Selling A Home in the Portsmouth NH and Maine Areas
- Getting Your Home Ready For Showings
- How Is YOUR Property Being Represented?
Ann Cummings, New Hampshire REALTOR
Broker - NH and Maine
RE/MAX Coast to Coast
888-349-5678 x 3839
Servicing the Coastal Areas of NH & Southern Maine