Reduce Your Gas Bill
- The simplest way to lower your natural gas bill is to use less gas. Here are some tips on how to reduce your heating costs:
- Vacuum heat registers and return air vents regularly
- Turn down thermostat 5 to 10 degrees while you are away or asleep. (Every degree above 68 adds about 3% to your heating bill.)
- Turn down your water heater temperature to 120 or 125.
- Place window film on the interior of leaky or drafty windows.
- Have your furnace and water heater professionally cleaned and inspected.
- Change furnace filters monthly.
- Replace your old furnace with a new, efficient model.
- Caulk and weather-strip around doors and windows.
- Make sure furniture and draperies do not block heat flow.
- Keep curtains open when the sun is shining.
- Add more attic insulation.
- Call your utility about having a home energy audit.
For more useful information click here.