2. You can make an offer. Sellers want to sell there homes. You will not offend them by making an offer. Sellers are looking for offers.
3. So Much Selection. There are currently 4716 resale homes on the market in Montgomery County area including Gaithersburg, Rockville, Bethesda, North Bethesda, Potomac, Germantown, Poolesville and Damascus. Regardless of the price range a buyer desires there are plenty of homes to choose from. There is a huge selection of single family, condo, townhome and luxury homes to choose from. You can find large lots, small lots, walking communities, horse farms and new home subdivisions.
4. You can take your time. Shop and look at several homes before you make a decision. In a hot sellers market you couldn't take your time. In Montgomery County you can relax and get to know the neighborhoods, schools and communities you are considering.
5. Home Inspections Are Welcome.In 2005 many buyers waived their rights to a home inspection. Sellers now realize that it comes with the territory and there will be radon, lead, structural and termite inspections in addition to a home inspection. Sellers will sometimes do a pre-inspection so by the time you do a Home Inspection they may have fixed any problems you might uncover.
6.Repair Requests Are Welcome After An Inspection. After a buyer completes a home inspection buyers have the ability to ask the seller to make repairs. In the past few years buyers had to purchase a home "as is" that is usually not the case now unless your are buying a bank owned property or a foreclosure. Sellers will also give buyers a home warranty to sweeten the deal.
7.Investors Have Left The Market.In 2005 people were putting their money into the housing market - now they are putting money into the stock market. There is less competition for bank owned townhomes, condos & single family homes in Rockville, Bethesda and Gaithersburg.
8.Convenient Locations. Today buyers can buy homes closer to their jobs they don't have to go to Frederick County - they can buy in Montgomery County for prices that are lower than they have been for the past 3 years.
9.Great Financing. Interest rates are under 6 % for buyers with good credit and a little cash to put down. There are wonderful opportunities for teachers, firemen and police. Zero down loans have disappeared but loans that make sense have replaced them. It is a great time to buy Montgomery County real estate.
10.Tax Incentives. On April 15 you will be glad you bought a house. You take more of your paycheck home when you are a homeowner.
11. It's Still A Good Investment. If you can buy a home in this real estate market and then sell when you are ready to retire you will have a wonderful investment.