Select the Right Agent to Sell Your Home
A Good Listing Agent selling your home has some obvious traits. Can you spot them? Is it the way they dress? Is the way they carry themselves? Is it the car they drive? The answers might surprise you.
Did you know everyone earning a real estate license is a real estate agent, but only those agents that are members of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) are REALTORS®.
Members of NAR subscribe to their Code of Ethics and business standards. (NAR promotes the rights of homeowners.) So REALTORS® step to a quicker drum!
A Good Listing Agent:
- Will be prompt, courteous and respectful.
- Will explain the full process and what to expect.
- Will provide tips on how to make your home more saleable.
- Will provide a range of value of what your home might sell for.
- Will communicate with you frequently, providing feedback after showings.
- Will provide top notch internet marketing (buyers search there first.)
- Will exceed your expectations by answering questions before they're asked.
- Will work to create activity for your listed home for sale.
- Will work on your behalf to garner the best possible price and terms.
- Will manage the appraisal process by communicating features & upgrades to an appraiser.
- Will attend &/or review the home inspection report & assist in the negotiation of repairs.
- Will be present at the signing appointment.
- Will preview your closing statement to review for errors or mis-information.
- Will follow up after your sale to make sure everything is still going smoothly.
Listing agents should have plenty of tools in their toolbox to provide internet marketing that will set your home apart from the others. But what makes a Good Listing Agent isn't always technolgy. Attention to detail and a personal touch are critically important.
People do business with people they know, like and trust. So if you're looking for an agent who is responsive, answers the phone, and works to your best benefit, call me!