Are All Gilbert New Home Builders Created Equal? Driving anywhere in Gilbert south of the Loop 202 Santan Freeway, you will see flags flying over new home sales offices. The builder’s signs will tell you the name of the subdivision and a rounded off starting price for the homes they are building in that new home subdivision.
You probably know the general area you want to build your home in because of your commute work or maybe you are looking for a certain school district. But there are many other questions that need to be answered to assure your new home purchase will be a smooth and rewarding experience. For example:
- What price range will you be searching? Will there be closing costs? What can you expect your monthly payments to be?
- What are the current builder incentives of each builder who has a floor plan that will fit your wish list and budget? The builder incentives can be generous but can have fine print you need to consider.
- What are some of the features one builder considers standard and the next considers an upgrade you pay for? The answer to this varies widely from builder to builder and can add substantially to the final price.
- Are there lot premiums? Details such as lot size vary between subdivisions?
- Would an inventory home be a better option for you and how can you receive alerts when a home meeting your criteria becomes available in any of your preferred new home subdivisions?
- Does the builder have a history of delivering a new home when promised or do they often have delays costing you extra money because you can’t move into your new home when you planned?
- How is their customer service after closing?
- Do they deliver more then promised or cut corners on construction you’ll never see until there is a problem after you move in? Should you consider hiring a professional to conduct a series of inspections as the home is being built?
You could go from one new home sales office after another gathering information and comparing one builder to the next builder. Remember the person waiting for you in the sales office is the agent of the builder and is more interested in the builder’s bottom line than yours. You will only buy 1 or 2 new homes in a lifetime, but as your Realtor I will assist you in getting the answers you need to make an informed decision. I am compensated by the builder at no cost to you when I represent your interests in the purchase of a new home in Gilbert or any valley location.
All new homebuilders are not created equal.
Let’s talk about how I can save you time and money when you purchase your new Gilbert home. Call me before you visit any new home sales office so I can represent you in making your dream home a reality.
Use this New Home Search and call me to get started.