Be Careful With Those Home Improvements! Home Staging Minneapolis, MN
It's Spring and it is the perfect time to hit that list of home improvements you have been thinking about.
Some home improvements can add value to your home, some can make your home more likely to sell quicker, and some home improvements are just plain bad.
Over the next few blog posts I am going to address types of home improvements that can be great and some that you may want to reconsider.
Before doing any home improvement you always need to do your homework and here are a few tips:
1) Look at how long you are going to be in your home. Some improvements are imperative to make to get your home in top selling condition. Other improvements should only be made if you plan on being in your home for a while.
2) Check out your Neighborhood. You never want to improve beyond the value of your neighborhood. Being the biggest or best house on the block is not the best thing for resale.
3) Check out your Market. What is the current housing market in your area? Who is the potential buyer of your home when you do go to sell?
4) Don’t design yourself into a corner by being too specific. You don’t want to limit who you can sell to. Personalize your home through paint and accessories that are easy to change rather than having to replace walls.
5) Balance your style and area. Again, keep in mind what will sell in the future rather than focusing on what you like and what you want to use the area for.
If you are planning to make improvements and potentially sell in a short period of time, check out the statistics listed on my website on the return on your investment for certain home improvements at www.RoomsWithStyle.com.
If you have made any mistakes in your home improvements that you would like to share with others so they don’t make the same mistakes, please do so. What is your horror story in home improvements? Or, what was your biggest success? I’d love to hear.
See you on the next post when I talk about more Home Improvement Do's and Dont's!