That's where the services of a professional home stager can really kick in & not only save you money but MAKE you money too!
My favorite cost saving recommendation to home staging clients? Shop your own house first!
From lamps, chairs, plate chargers to bedroom dressers, you can easily re purpose and reuse items readily found in most homes to give a wow factor and big bang for NO extra bucks.
Here are two samples of a home where items already there were re purposed beautifully without spending one extra dollar!
The only expense was their energy and sweat which will more than return the equity.
(Family Room Staging Idea. A Bedroom Dresser used as a TV console. The TV had originally sat on brackets on the floor and I suggested they mount it to the wall and bring their large dresser (without the mirror) into this only living space (we measured first!) and use as a TV console. One concern my client had; " Can we leave our clothes in it?" "Of course" I said! Removing this dresser from their bedroom also opened up that space creating much more visual square footage which is another area where they'll get a big ROI just for removing a piece of furniture.
Dining Room Staging Idea. Dresser Mirrors used as wall décor in other rooms. The mirror on this wall below was taken from the client's bedroom dresser (same dresser as above photo). They had to wire it securely from behind and viola, instant wall décor in a space that needed it. Mirrors also reflect back light and space and help increase visual square footage and brightness another big bang for NO buck!
What "house shopping" tips and recommendations have you made and clients have followed where no money had to be spent but they got a big ROI?
Professional Photography by Unique Exposure Photography 2013
- Pre-list home staging property consultations
- Post list "trouble shooting" property consultations - no matter how long a home has been on the market there are always ways to improve the chance of sale
- Owner occupied property staging (utilizing owner supplied furniture & accessories or including some of our own inventory)
- Vacant & investment property staging (Full and partial rental furniture packages, accessories and staging services)
- Is your office interested in hosting a home staging class or presentation? Just ask!
- Contact Karen at 496-964-0516 or Karen@homestarstaging.com