As you can see the professionals that installed these fixtures just didn't care for the safety of the homeowner. I know this area does not have or enforce any type of building codes but this was a "stick" built in 1998. I hope this was done not to eventually hurt anyone but was done by unskilled labor or for some reason a short cut. I can see a small child playing unattended as a recipe for disaster.
You can see the water runs out of the faucet next to the electrical outlet. Good building practice would have a minimum
of at least 2'-3'of horizontal separation. My recommendation is to remove one of the fixtures for the safety of the
occupants of the home. I'm quite sure an insurance adjuster would be shocked to see this. Situations like this are the
reason most of us are in this business, to help people and make them aware of potential problems when buying any