If you are in the market for a Studio or One bedroom Greenwich Village Apartment for Sale there are three main questions to answer?
- What is currently for sale?
- How much have they been selling for?
- How do I go about my search to buy one
First I'd like to date stamp this discussion as we've discussed this topic before and as everybody knows real estate is all about having the most up-to-date information, currently we are in the May 2013 Spring Sales Market in New York City.
1. What is currently for sale in the Studio and One Bedroom Category in the Greenwich Village Neighborhood in New York City?
Studio's and One Bedroom Condos for Sale in Greenwich Village is one of the most intensely demanded segments of the market. So many factors involved, including the proximity of New York University and other universities have created way more demand than there is supply. The outcome is that we consistently see bidding wars for the best studio's and one bedroom condos to come available in Greenwich Village.
- I see Eleven (11)different Greenwich Village Studio and One bedroom Condominiums for sale right now
- Price ranges from $689.000 for an alcove studio at the Georgetown Plaza(A very good buy in my opinion) up to $2,295,000 for a One Bedroom at the Devonshire House
- The lowest priced one bedroom is available at 44 East 12th Street asking $799,000(Another very well priced apartment)
2. How much have Studio and One Bedroom Condos been Selling for in Greenwich Village?
- I see 17 apartments currently in contract, price range of $610,000 for a studio at 184 Thompson Street up to $2,175,000 for a One Bedroom at the Devonshire House
- Many of these apartments went into contract within less than 7 days of coming on the market
- Since the beginning of 2013, I track approximately 20 closed sales in the Studio and One Bedroom category with an average price per square foot of over $140 sq ft.
- Keep in mind that pricing depends a lot on the specific type of apartment. If you are looking for a pre-war condominium the price point typically starts around $1500-$2000 sq ft, or if you want a new construction condominium expect $2000 sq/ft and up.
- Take a look at an article we wrote back in 2010 about Greenwich Village Apartments for Sale and see how pricing has changed, the pricing was in the $1100-$1200 sq ft range back then. This is a very prime neighborhood and these are entry level apartments, with little supply coming on the market its a smart assumption to make that pricing will continue to increase.
3. Are you looking for a One Bedroom or Studio Condominium for Sale in Greenwich Village?
If you are, give me a call to discuss what it is you are looking for. I can be reached at (917) 837-8869 .
This is a segment of the market we specialize in and we know depending on your budget and goals what buildings will work best for you. Often buyers looking for condos for sale in Greenwich Village will also look in the Meatpacking District or the West Village or in the Union Square neighborhood.
Copyright © by Morgan Evans 2013 **Greenwich Village Apartments for Sale - Studio and 1 Bedroom Condos**
All information is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed.
Below is an Interactive Map with a comprehensive list of the Greenwich Village Condominium Buildings
View Greenwich Village Condominiums in a larger map