With an inventory shortage in and an increased turnover rate in home sales, how can you remain competitive in this market? By acquiring more listings, that’s how!
As a real estate team leader, one of the most frequent questions I hear is “How can I get listings?” All real estate agents know the truth: ”List to Live!” The only way to develop longevity in the real estate business is to build a business that focuses on listings. So here we are with an inventory shortage and sellers that are trapped in their homes. Here are my top 10 listing getting strategies:
1. Call your sphere of influence . They know you, they like you and if they are thinking of making a move they trust you to look out for them.
2. Call area attorneys. Offer your help with short sales, offer to do a free CMA for a divorce, or probate case. Every Realtor should have an Attorney referral buddy.
3. Send a “Just Sold” postcard. This is an old habit that died with the old market. Just Sold postcards are especially effective in recovering neighborhoods.
4. Door knock with a “Move Up” opportunity flyer. I’ve found a great target is people who bought in the last 18-24 months.
5. Do an open house for a newly listed property. Yes, Open Houses are an effective way to show the neighbors you are a hard working agent.
6. Send a “We Need Listings” because “We Have Buyers” postcard. Yes postcards are effective because everyone else is spamming them!
7. Use the tax record to find “solid” houses. ”Solid” houses are homes that were purchased prior to 2006 with no refinance. These sellers are ready with the “7 year itch” they can trade up now with great savings in their move up home.
8. Look Up “OLD” expired listings. Sellers with equity may have given up two years ago because they couldn’t get their price. We have had a modest recovery that could help them make the move.
9. Search Tax Records for non-owner occupied. Someone out there has a nightmare tenant!
10. ASK FOR THEM!!!
Remember, prospecting is the most valuable aspect of our business and you can’t sell a house without an appointment just like you can’t create a relationship without a good rapport. So while you are working hard to keep up with all the latest technologies, bells and whistles that keep