People ask whether there are benefits of having poured concrete basements verses concrete blocks in purchasing a home in the area. Here are noted advantages.
• Water tightness is important to homeowners. Solid concrete walls keep water out better than other types of construction
• Greater fire resistance due to the increased density and joint free construction of poured concrete walls…offers twice the fire resistance than hollow core block walls.
• Resistance to rot and decay – Solid concrete walls provide long years of service life. Neither home builders nor home owners must be concerned that concrete will be vulnerable to rot or decay that can occur in wood construction.
• Home builders have fewer warranty problems. Water tightness means fewer call backs for the builder or housing developer, which leads to cost savings.
• Efficient modern construction methods make poured concrete walls cost competitive with block walls, which is important to both home builders and home buyers.
• Performance testing for strength – Testing the strengths of concrete assures the builder and homeowner of specified strengths in the concrete.
• When you consider a poured concrete wall has forty percent more concrete at competitive prices, the choice leads to poured concrete walls.
• Quality aggregates are essential for quality concrete. Aggregates that are washed and graded, state and federally inspected.
• Homeowners know about the water tightness of poured concrete walls. When they combine the benefits of a stronger, more durable wall…it adds up to more value and thus a better re-sale on the property.