Mailers are an effective dinosaur.
Mailers are a visual and tangible form of communicating with a potential client. With mailed advertising we are not reinventing the wheel, only putting the wheel in motion. It is a way to announce to local consumers that you are an expert, “Look here I am an expert I know the area, here is where I work and play”.
A few suggestions for an effective mailer:
- The message should be clear and demonstrate to the reader the value of the service you provide. Not everyone has a relationship with a real estate agent. This is a great way to start connecting.
- Make it clear who you are, what services your provide and how you can be contacted. Your photo or company information will help the consumer to get to know you.
- Provide relevant information such as market updates, just listed or sold. People love to hear about what is happening in their neighborhoods. Don’t have any listings then talk about your buyers and what they are looking for.
- Offer a free market evaluation and the opportunity to talk to you. If the budget permits it send a small branded gift.
- Drive them to your Website, blog, etc for more information. The Internet is a big place and many consumers are happy to find a Website that can provide local information.
- Sometimes less is best. Sending mailers more frequently to an area is more effective than an occasional large mailer. Before you start prepare 3 or 4 different mailers and have them sent to the same farm area over a period of time, say every 2 months. Persistence will help you to create name recognition and to gain future business. Sooner or later everyone needs a real estate agent.
- Using a real stamp or writing a small note will give your postcard a personal touch.
There are many online Websites that can help you create attractive branded mailers. Perhaps a larger postcard will make the piece stand out amongst the mail. Photos also give the piece a lot of color and interest.
I recently found this Website breakthroughbroker.com that offers a free, all-encompassing resource center for real estate professionals. It offers free templates to create newsletter, brochures and postcards. Personalize and brand these templates print and mail to your farm area. The site also offers print and mailing services.
Mailers, large, small or colorful they are a way to reach out and touch someone. If you try it, it can be the beginning of a many new business relationships for you.