Preparing your home for an open house can seem like a stressful task. You have that picture in your mind of exactly what you think a buyer will want to see. But in reality, there is no need to stress. Just follow these 5 easy steps to hosting a successful open house!
1. Dont keep the house extremely personalized: Buyers are not looking to see family photos everywhere or personal touches all over. They want to see the feautures of the house that will still be there after the house is purchased.
2. Get rid of clutter: This doesn't mean to just shove everything into the closet because potential buyers want to see the storage space that they are working with. The worst thing is going to an open house that whenever you open up a closet door, a wave of clutter comes bustling down at you.
3. Make the house cozy: Bake a batch of cookies, buy a scented candle, do something that will make the 'property' that your selling feel and smell like a 'home'
4. Let the light in. Nobody wants to buy a dark and gloomy house. Make sure you take advantage of every bit of sunlight that you can into the house.
5. Make the day of your open house into a mini vacation. This will allow your realtor to take their time to gather up his/her thoughts, and will keep you distracted from wondering all day how it is going. Go for a day trip somewhere, reward yourself to a spa day, etc.