As we move into the busy spring selling season, I spent this weekend showing property all over the West Bank of New Orleans. One of the great neighborhoods that I toured with clients was Magnolia Trace, an exclusive gated community in Harvey, LA.
Developed in the 1995, Magnolia Trace was one of the first upscale, gated communities on the Manhattan Blvd. corridor. The subdivision has been the site of multiple Parade of Home featured properties and remains an in-demand location on the West Bank. The community has an active home owner's association and is a covenant controlled and building restricted community, with low home owner fees of $600 per year.
With a great location right off of Manhattan Blvd., Magnolia Trace is less than 10 miles from downtown New Orleans, making your commute a breeze. If you are stationed at NAS JRB New Orleans, a quick 15 minute drive will take you from your door to the front gates of the base.
Things to do around Magnolia Trace:
- Just outside the gates is a beautiful branch of the Jefferson Parish Library
- Right around the corner are several restaurants, coffee shops and small boutiques
- Travel down Manhattan Blvd. and take in a movie, go out to eat, or do your shopping at the numerous nearby stores such as Target, WalMart, Lowe's, Sam's Club, Best Buy, Linens-N-Things and more. You can even check out the new Circuit City that just opened at Manhattan and the West Bank Expressway.
Homes and Land for Sale in Magnolia Trace:
There are only 3 available homes in Magnolia Trace at this time. Priced from $399,000 to $475,000, these homes offer 4 or 5 bedrooms and 3+ bathrooms, with an average size of over 3,200 square feet of living area. If you would rather build your own custom home, there are 3 lots still available, all priced under $120,000.
Interested in learning more about buying in Magnolia Trace? Contact Lisa Heindel, REALTOR® by phone at (504) 616-6262 or by email at email@example.com. I'd love to help you find your next West Bank home!
When buying or selling a home on the West Bank of New Orleans or relocating to the New Orleans West Bank, you deserve local expertise and advice. Lisa Heindel provides full time, professional real estate services to buyers, sellers and military transferees in Algiers, Algiers Point, Belle Chasse, Gretna, Terrytown, Harvey, Marrero, Westwego and more.
- Subscribe to West Bank Living by Email
- Featured New Orleans West Bank Homes
- Search All New Orleans West Bank Listings
- What's My Home Worth? - A Free Online Valuation of your New Orleans West Bank Home
Here's the disclaimer part: The opinions expressed here are strictly those of the author, but you are free to share yours in the comments. All information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Copyright 2008. Lisa Heindel, All rights reserved.