5 Ways to NOT Sell Your Home - 2013By Mary Borth, Keller Williams Realty, Bloomington Normal IL
1. Be difficult about scheduling showings. The more you limit your times/directions for showing, the more you limit your buyers.
2. Don’t do any decluttering or staging. If your home is cluttered, buyers will think there is not enough storage space. If not staged properly, buyers will not know how to use the space. For example, if you have turned a second living space into a toy room, buyers with no children (or older children) might not have the vision to see it as a formal living room or den.
3. Allow your Realtor to post bad pictures (or too few) online for your listing. Buyers look online for homes, and if your listing has bad photos it turns people off. Make sure your check your listing after your Realtor posts it. Don’t let your Realtor get away with posting bad pictures or not enough pictures. Your Realtor works for you and should be marketing your listing in the best possible way.
4. Leave personal (or inappropriate) photos on display around your home. Buyers need to see themselves and their family in your home. Very personal photos like pregnancy or boudoir photos must be removed.
5. Overprice your home. Ignore local market data and price your home based solely on your emotional attachment. Every seller thinks their house is the best, most special one on the market. You need to begin detaching yourself from your house. You are looking for a new home, and trying to sell your house. Home is what you bring into it, and that means your memories come with you.
Click Below to Search ALL Bloomington Normal Area Listings