Selling your Scotch Plains home is as easy as 7 simple steps:
- Make repairs. Things like broken windows, stained linoleum, or a leaky roof need to be in working condition before you show your home.
- Some home improvements - like a new front door, for example - that will help to sell your home faster and will increase the price you get for your home. You may want to consider making improvements to increase the value of your home, depending on your time frame and budget.
- Educate yourself on the home selling process. Here is a link to a free video called "Preparing your home to sell." It's filled with information that can help you make decisions about what to do.
- Educate yourself on the real estate market conditions in your neighborhood. We've listed some good market reports for Scotch Plains below to help get you started.
- The next step is to interview professionals to list and market your home. Most sellers hire the first agent they interview, while others continue looking. It's extremely important that you choose an agent that you trust because they will be your representative in negotiations in what may be the biggest financial decision you ever make. You also want to make sure that your agent has a marketing plan that stands out.
- Once your home is on the market, you've got to keep it immaculately clean at all times. It's not easy or fun, but messy homes don't sell quickly, if at all.
- Finally, make sure that your home is available for potential buyers to see it. You can request that they give you 24 hours notice, but if showing your home is inconvenient, agents won't show it.
Team Zuhl is here to help you every step of the way. Please call or email us when you're ready to get your home on the market! Good luck!
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast - 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! - 01/12/12
For more information on Scotch Plains Real Estate:
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report for April, 2013 - 05/27/13
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report for Jan.-March, 2013 - 04/08/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? - 02/24/13
- Buying and Selling a Home in Scotch Plains - 01/13/13
- Shift in Scotch Plains Real Estate Market - 10/26/12
- How does the number of baths/beds affect sale price in Scotch Plains? - 10/13/12
- Free Market Report of Scotch Plains! - 08/18/12
- Scotch Plains Market Report - 07/20/12
- Scotch Plains Market Trends - 03/11/12