In May Governor Cuomo introduced a game-changing plan -- Tax-Free NY -- that would revitalize our upstate economies by transforming our university centers into magnets for new businesses, start-ups and investment.
Additionally, newspapers across the state have praised the creative plan to boost the upstate economy:
- "Cuomo's tax-free zone can create needed jobs here," said the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, calling it a "huge boost for upstate."
- “Gov. Andrew Cuomo has come up with a creative and potentially game-changing partnership between the public and private sectors” to revitalize upstate New York’s ailing economy, said the New York Observer.
- “It’s a smart plan that can bolster the economy while solving other problems and costing virtually nothing,” said The Buffalo News.
- The Watertown Daily Times called the Governor’s Tax-Free NY plan a “winner.”
- Newsday, “Andrew Cuomo’s tax free business plan is worth a try.”
Click here to learn more about Tax-Free NY and if you are eligible.