See Arvada Homes for Sale between $200,000 and $300,000
See current market reports for Arvada, Westminster, and Broomfield CO (click the link)
Read on for a report on Arvada Home Sales:
Arvada homes listed between $200,000 and $300,000 are seeing a nice upswing in the number on the market since last month (54 today, 34 at the time of my last report). That's a 60% increase in the number of homes available, and there is not yet a corresponding increase in the number of homes under contract (117 today compared to 110 at the time of my previous report).
So, either the market is beginning to balance in Arvada's upper entry-level price range, or we will see a big jump in the number of under contract next month. Stay tuned!
TEN DAYS!?! Yes, the median number of days on the market for Arvada homes sold last month between $200,000 and $300,000 is ten days. April's reported ten days is old news - in May the median number of days on the market was 7. S-e-v-e-n. Incredible.
69% of the Arvada homes sold in this price range closed at or above list price.
How to buy an Arvada house in this price range now: Be sure you're working with an agent who's familiar with the local market. If it is, in fact, balancing out you don't want to be caught up in paying too much, while still keeping in mind that the best houses are going to be in high demand.
How to sell an Arvada house in this price range now: Take note of similar homes on the market and try to position your home to draw the most attention. Sellers used to worry that buyers would come and 'low bid' them, but these days that's not likely to happen with homes in good locations and good condition.
This report includes only detached single family Arvada homes that sold between $200,000 and $300,000. I'm using the term 'distressed sales' to refer to short sales and foreclosures. A 'regular' sale may also have been 'distressed' in the sense that the home was in need of major work.
- Currently, there are 54 Arvada homes for sale in this price range. Four of these homes are short sales, and one is a foreclosure, bringing the percentage of distressed homes for sale to 9%.
If you would like any more details or to see any of these Arvada homes for sale,
please call me at 720-353-8031.
- Currently, there are 117 Arvada homes under contract in this price range. Four of these homes are foreclosures and five are short sales. That's a 8% rate of distressed sales for Arvada homes.
- 81 Arvada homes sold last month between $200,000 and $300,000, with 7 median days on market. One Arvada home sold was a foreclosure, three were short sales. So in this price range 6% of Arvada homes were distressed sales.
- One year ago, 79 Arvada homes sold between $200,000 and $300,000. 19 median days on market. Three were short sales, seven were foreclosures. So a year ago the distressed rate for Arvada home sales was 13%.
- Two years ago, 40 Arvada homes sold between $200,000 and $300,000. 65 median days on market. Three Arvada homes sold as foreclosures in this price range, four sold as short sales. A 18% rate of distressed Arvada home sales.
Click this link to see Arvada Home Sales in the other price categories.
Click this link to see market reports for Arvada, Westminster, and Broomfield CO.
Click this link to see the previous Arvada Home Sales report.
See all homes for sale, register to receive daily updates, receive notice of price changes at: DreamHouseHunting.com
Arvada is a historic town about midway between Denver and Boulder in Jefferson County, Colorado. There are many different neighborhood styles and homes prices, all served by well-loved schools. Call me to talk about the kind of neighborhood you dream of living in.
Read more about life in Arvada, Colorado.
I write posts on real estate issues and local events in the Denver metro area, especially those communities between Denver and Boulder, as a public service. My hope is to give people an idea of the ‘flavor’ of our community, in case they’re new or moving to the Denver area.
I am a residential real estate agent, happily helping folks buy a house or sell a house in the beautiful and friendly suburbs northwest of Denver. Read what past clients have said about me.
Get monthly updates about Arvada neighborhoods, eateries, things to do, and local real estate by signing up for my free newsletter.
Copyright © 2013 Joetta Fort, The DiGiorgio Group
Based on information from Metrolist, Inc. for the periods specified in the report.
Note: This representation is based in whole or in part on content supplied by Metrolist, Inc. Metrolist does not guarantee nor is in any way responsible for its accuracy. Data maintained by Metrolist may not reflect all real estate activity in the market content.