Price the Home Right
It is this simple. A properly priced home should sell quickly. An overpriced home may not ever sell.
- If your home is priced too high, interested buyers may never even tour your listing.
- A house priced at just below market value piques the interest of real estate professionals and buyers
- An overpriced home turns away potential buyers
- It is true that you can always drop the price, but the first 30 days are the most critical. That is when interest is the highest, and it can be difficult to recapture people's interest later on.
- The longer the property is on the market, the fewer the prospects.
Showcase Your Home
You only get one chance to make a first impression.
- Be sure your home is clean and has a welcoming smell.
- Get rid of any clutter.
- Touch up the paint where needed.
- Clean the carpet.
- Consider some minor home improvements.
- Make any repairs that are needed.
- Hire a professional cleaning service.
Think Curb Appeal
Don't overlook the outside of your property. You don't want a buyer to rule out your home based on the outside appearance.
- The front of the house needs a clean, fresh appearance.
- The lawn should be trimmed, bushes and shrubs pruned, and leaves raked.
- Even the mailbox needs to be attractive and functional.
- Put away bicycles, toys, and other items that may make your property seem cluttered.
Offering incentives can be just the drive a potential buyer needs to select your property over competition.
- Include the major appliances with the sale.
- Provide an allowance for worn carpet or paint.
- Purchase a 1 year warranty for the buyer.
- Offer to pay some of the buyer's closing costs.
Make Your House Showing Friendly
- Use a lockbox.
- Remove your dog for all showings
- Leave the house for all showings.
- Make sure the house is ready to show each morning.
Making the right moves at the beginning of your home selling process can give you the upper-hand you'll need in today's competitive market.
Whether you are buying or selling a home, George Maynes will always work in your best interest while helping to make your real estate transactions as stress free as possible.
George Maynes and his team are excited to assist you in all of your real estate transactions. Please contact George Maynes for a FREE (no obligation) consultation if you plan to buy and/or sell a home. We will provide you with reliable advice so you can make informed decisions.
Prudential Fox & Roach, REALTORS®
2451 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130