When you are getting ready to sell, you no longer have complete privacy.
Buyers will be snooping in every nook and cranny of your house. And, it is amazing what buyers will assume based on the way you keep your closets and cupboards!
You want to sell quickly and for the most money possible so you cannot afford to lose a sale over a pile of dirty socks in the corner of your closet or tipped over condiments in your cupboards. When closets and cupboards are crammed, buyers assume:
- The house hasn’t been cared for,
- There isn’t enough storage space (even if there is tons!),
- Their things will never fit in a house with this little storage
- They don’t need to see the rest of the house if these people haven’t cared for the house or have no room for storing the basics.
Honestly, I am not being dramatic! I actually walked out of a house in the first 2 minutes of a showing when I was looking based on how cluttered the house was. And, I don’t even want to talk about what I discovered under someone’s bathroom sink with my realtor at one showing!
In ”30 Days Around The House” my team of organizing experts (Angie Dahlman at Organize Your Biz, Marianne Kelly at OrganizeNation and Kelly Schaeffer at Task Complete) and I are sharing tips everyday to show you how to get organized to sell or dwell. You wouldn’t believe how much better you will feel once you get a grip on even a single drawer in the kitchen!! Here are some of our latest tips:
- If your junk drawer is out o’control, check out the organizing solutions here.
- Kelly, at Task Complete recommends having a “drop spot” for your end of the day items like wallets, keys, sunglasses, etc. To get more of Kelly’s great time saving tips check this out.
- Angie at Organize Your Biz has some awesome document storage ideas here.
- Set up your system now for school supplies your kids bring home at the end of the school year. Watch here to learn more.
But, if you are super busy or just hate the thought of diving into a big project like organizing your house, leave it to us. We make things organized and beautiful every day and we’re REALLY GOOD at it!
If you need help designing to sell or designing to dwell, I’m here for you! It’s my job to make your life happier and easier no matter what your design goal.
Subscribe to CommentsComment