If you’re approaching the end of you college career, you may be starting to consider some potential options for employment. Since the current job market isn’t the best, so many students are getting their degrees only to go back to working in a position like serving tables.
Unless graduates move onto either a masters or doctorate program in a more specialized field, competition for undergraduates is becoming fiercer than ever. In addition, many students struggle with finding direction or a career that they can be passionate about.
Whether you are on the way to earning your diploma or want to begin your professional career, becoming a Realtor could be the answer you are looking for. Let’s review some of the top benefits to earning your license as a real estate professional:
- 1.Total Freedom – One of the main reasons that people start a career in real estate is the flexibility it offers. If you are a highly motivated, self starter than you could have what it takes to be successful in real estate. It is a perfect path for those who have an entrepreneurial spirit.
First, you have the ability to set your own hours. You can work as long as you like and when the time comes to take a vacation with the family, you won’t have to push through all the red tape only to be denied by HR.
Next, this isn’t a restricted desk job either. If you choose to work from home or from your mobile office, you won’t have the requirement of checking in everyday. In essence, you are your own boss and you get to call the shots!
- 2.Perfect for Tech Savvy Individuals – If you are under the age of 30 and own a mobile phone, ipod, personal computer, etc., then you have what it takes to crush it in real estate. This is where the future of real estate marketing is headed.
It is estimated that nearly 90% of people start their search for real estate online. There are so many ways to apply your skills using mobile technology, affiliate marketing, blogging, social networking, etc., that gives you a distinct advantage over many “old school” professionals who have adapted to traditional methods.
You can bypass the entire learning curve of implementing these concepts to promote your business, make contacts with professionals and potential customers, and quickly become a big player in your local market.
- 3.High Earning Potential – What you are able to put into a real estate career is exactly what you’ll get out of it. Instead of working for a set paycheck, you can determine to double or even triple what most students are earning on average today within a short time period. That’s the beauty of commissions.
Additionally, since you probably have very few debts or family responsibilities holding you down, you will have ample time to establish yourself as a well known authority in the area. Overtime, many of your efforts can be set to autopilot as you build up referral sources and establish solid marketing avenues.
You will gain a strong feel of what percentage of prospects and contracts it will take to earn a commission. And there are dozens of niches you can become a specialist in, which can lead to even bigger paydays.
- 4.Working With People – If you like talking with and meeting new people, then this is one of the best careers available to you. Not only will you have the pleasure of working with others on a daily basis, but you will also be able to meet some highly influential people in other verticals.
It pays to have friends in high places, and simply by investing time in helping others will provide you the opportunity to build a powerful professional network. You will also be able to fine tune your people skills and learn others that are so valuable to succeeding in the real world.
- 5.Learn How To Buy/Sell/Invest – Regardless of what is happening in the economy, real estate is one of the top proven strategies for building wealth and a retirement fund. Did you know that many Realtors also invest in their own properties as well?
You will be able to acquire invaluable skills that will teach you all about the buying and selling process. Additionally, you will attain a working knowledge for your local area and will know where and what the best deals are. Working as an agent is a fast track to succeeding with real estate investments as well!
Thus, there are unlimited possibilities for personal growth and success as a real estate professional. If you have been feeling frustrated or unsure what your next step is after college, then it may be time to invest in your future as a licensed Realtor.
We are here to support you throughout this process and to get you started on building a promising future. It is out desire that you realize your full potential. Contact us right now using the information provided above to discover what possibilities are available to you!