- Single family homes on the market: 80
- Single-family properties closed in May 2013: 9
- Average sales and median price: $ 871,425
- Sales price to list price ratio: 93%
- Average days on the market: 145
- Sales currently pending: 14
Jamestown’s home absorption rate continues to make it a buyers market...but we are seeing improvement.
- Breakdown of the 9 Jamestown RI single family home sales is as follows for May: 2 homes sold for under $300,000, 1 home sold between $300,000- $400,000, 4 homes sold over $400,000 and 2 homes sold for over $1 million. In May, the over $400,000 home generated the home buying interest here. What is evident in this market is that the Jamestown RI real estate market has turned a corner in sales. 2 luxury Jamestown homes were sold this month. In fact, 40% of the Jamestown real estate market is in the luxury realm right now which is typical for this Conanicut island community.
- Home sales have increased to 9 homes sold for the month which is 350% over last year same time period.
- Buyers continue to buy waterfront and coastal Jamestown RI real estate at higher sale prices.
Jamestown RI Real Estate Market Report May 2013 Update
The Jamestown RI community is a Newport County waterfront community that is known for Beavertail State Park, as well as RI waterfront real estate, an exciting coast line, easy access to Newport or North Kingstown and low real estate taxes.
If you would like to consider buying a Jamestown RI coastal home, contact me, Ginny Lacey Gorman, RI waterfront real estate agent, today at 401.529.7849 or email me at RiByTheBay@gmail.com. Jamestown RI Real Estate Market Report May 2013.
Ginny Lacey Gorman is a waterfront Jamestown Rhode Island Real Estate Agent who works and knows the Jamestown RI geographic area of homes for sale, schools, happenings and important tidbits of information well.