Rahway homeowners are ready to sell! Here are some things to consider before you list your home:
- First, if there are any repairs necessary in your home, make them now, before you list the home. Things like dead light bulbs, leaky roofs, and broken windowsneed to be in working condition before you show your home.
- Make any home improvements that will increase the value of your home - things like a new front door, for example, will help to sell your home faster and will increase the price you get for your home.
- Hire a real estate agent. Most sellers hire the first agent they interview, while others continue looking. However many agents you interview, you want to choose one that you trust. Of course, the agent will have a key to your home, but more importantly, they will be your representative in negotiations in what may be the biggest financial decision you ever make. You also want to make sure that your agent has a vibrant marketing plan.
- Educate yourself about selling a home. Here is a link to a free video called"Preparing your home to sell." It's filled with information that can help you make decisions about what to do. Learn about the market conditions in your neighborhood. We've linked some local market reports below to help you get started.
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast - 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! - 01/12/12
For more information on Rahway Real Estate:
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report - April, 2013 - 05/27/13
- Rahway, NJ - A brief historical look - 03/04/13
- Rahway Real Estate Market Report - January-March, 2013 - 04/05/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? - 02/24/13
- The Winter Real Estate Market in Rahway - 02/23/13
- Buying or Selling a Home in Rahway, NJ - 01/12/13
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Rahway? - 10/15/12
- Free Market Report of Rahway Homes! - 08/13/12
- Rahway Market Trends - 03/25/12