"Successful people take very circuitous paths...They have a real knack for recognizing nontraditional opportunities."
If you want something in life, you must make the effort!
A huge thanks to Allie for posting this masterful list!
Love and light,
Feeling successful in the real estate industry can change from one day to the next. You may come off a huge sale one day, only to find your buyer decided to switch to a new agent. There are a number of wins and losses that can come in a single week, so being “successful” may seem worlds away.
Yet, any successful person has had to navigate their share of failures; it’s just a matter of how they handled them. Lasting success isn’t concerned about the minor bumps along the way, but is a series of corrections and good old fashion determination along the way.
Jeff Brown, a Harvard Medical School faculty psychologist, studied brain activity and habits of highly successful people and came up with these 5 tips.
1. Create your own serendipity- "Successful people take very circuitous paths," Brown says. "They have a real knack for recognizing nontraditional opportunities." Be willing to take on ideas and things that no one else has done! It’s this creative thinking that can set you a part.
2. Know what you bring to the table- Be bold enough to talk with your co-workers, mentors or boss about your strengths and weaknesses. They may be able to see things you can’t see in yourself. Take time to work into what you do best, as well as working on areas of weakness. And don't shy away from criticism out of fear or pride, Brown says. "That's the kiss of death when it comes to success."
3. Focus on a single end goal- Aren’t sure where you want to end up? Make a list of what you want to accomplish and the potential outcome of those goals. This will help you stay focused on what you really want. "Don't be duped by the illusion of missed opportunity where you think you have to do everything that comes your way," Brown says. "Lock onto your goal and don't get distracted."
4. Work at the edge of your comfort zone- "You have an optimal risk range that you have to learn to gauge and understand," notes Brown. Of course you don’t want to do something just because you’re not comfortable with it, but will need to think through how it will work towards your goals. There will be a balance, but it’s important to learn when to push outside of your comfort zone and how to take those risks.
5. Put your energy into the daily grind- It can be easy to focus so much on the big picture, that you feel restless when it comes to daily tasks. Focus on those daily tasks that will steer you towards success with your goals, and you’ll find yourself being energized as you do them. "You should enjoy the pursuit of success," Brown says. "The chase lasts much longer than the catch."
As Real Estate Virtual Assistants, we enjoy helping our clients find success and reach their goals. Standing out from other agents and feeling proud of you work at the end of the day is possible, and we hope these tips have helped!
If you have tips for success you’d like to share, we’d love to hear them!
Blogging & Copywriting Specialist
The RealSupport, Inc. Team
1232 West Northwest Highway
Palatine, IL 60067
Office: (847) 705-1655
Fax: (847) 589-8989
Connect With Us:
"Like" Us On Facebook
Follow Carrie on Twitter
Follow Erica on Twitter
RealSupport Inc. - Providing superior Real Estate Virtual Assistant services to Real Estate professionals nationwide since 2000.