For the Buyers out there my philosophy about who buyers should select as their Buyers Agent is the same: Provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process
A Buyer looking to Buy a Home in the Manchester NH area asked "how soon they could move in after making an Offer?" The buyer was getting a little ahead of themselves as an Offer is not a contract that comes with any rights until it is accepted by the Seller. The Buyers "Buyer Broker" was no where to be found. They sent this First time Buyer" out on their own.
I had to inform this buyer that finding your dream home should have been the second step, the first was getting pre-qualified with a Local and trusted lender. "Wait - What?" They replied.
After you have been pre-qualified, you then found the home you want to make an offer on, you then make the offer. Where there is a shortage in homes for sale and an increase in Buyers I always recommend Buyers make their best offer up front. Again a pause as they asked how to make an offer.
To answer their question I let them know if their offer is accepted, the seller signs it, the buyer makes formal application for their mortgage, they close 30-45 days later and then can move in. Buyers typically are not allowed to move in before closing however you can always make that part of your offer if the home is vacant and the seller will allow.
For this Buyer their first mistake was hiring "Just anyone" they thought the "big name company" meant they were getting a "big time advantage" when buying a home and what they got was a lesson in who not to hire as the agent provided no guidance, no help, no tips and no advice.
My philosophy is simple, provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process. All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest.
THE TOP TIPS IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY A HOME?
1. GET Pre-QUALIFIED with a local and Trusted Loan Officer. The biggest factor in buying a home is whether you can get a mortgage, how much they will loan you, how much you will need for a down payment and closing costs and what price range you should be looking at.
2. HIRE A BUYER AGENT: Here in NH a buyer can usually hire a buyer agent at no cost to them. The Buyer Agent gets paid their commission from an amount the listing agent has posted in the MLS. As a buyer you really should have an agent who guides you through EACH step of the Buying process.
HOW DO YOU KNOW HOW TO HIRE A BUYER AGENT?
1. Choose a FULL TIME Agent. You want an agent whose sole job is working in Real Estate. You want to make sure they are available when needed to answer questions or be guiding you through the buying process.
2. Choose a Full Service Agent. Sure discount brokers may charge slightly less but you can get substantially LESS in the service you receive. You want someone guiding you through EACH step, not just the easy one's leaving you on your own through the harder or stressful ones.
3. Choose a LOCAL agent. Too many agents from out of town and even out of state are looking for you to hire them. They may not know your area, your neighborhood, not know your children's schools, where you shop, which church you go to and may not be able to be there on a moments notice when needed.
4. Choose an Experienced Agent. Not every agent is experienced with all types of homes, areas and types of sales. Choose an Agent that is Experienced in SELLING Homes. It is what we do and what we do well.
5. Choose an agent who will ASSIST YOU THROUGH EACH STEP of the Buying process. There is nothing worse than being left to fend for yourself. Your agent should be there through each step, answering your questions, guiding you and giving you peace of mind.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. We offer you assistance to get a free pre-qualification for a mortgage,along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Process.
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. it takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
If you are thinking of buying a Home please contact us. Get a free pre-qualification along with some of the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE through each step of the Buying Prices.
Please call for a FREE MARKET ANALYSIS to know what the value of your home is.
WE STRIVE TO PROVIDE THE BEST POSSIBLE SERVICE THROUGHOUT EACH STEP OF THE LISTING AND SELLING PROCESS!!!
If you need to sell your home and you owe more than your house is worth, i may be able to help. I specialize in working with home owners to get your home sold. There are many options such as a short sale which may be able to help you.
Please try and avoid out of state or out of town agents and companies that make "out of this world promises". We are local agents with experience who never charge any up front fees.
We are local agents with experience who GET RESULTS!!!
We stand by you through every step in selling your home..
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. With 27 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area. To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com . We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs through each step of the buying and Selling process. We are proud to be locally owned and operated.
If you have enjoyed reading my blog, please subscribe by clicking below
Copyright 2008-2011, All rights reserved