Unfortunately, furlough Friday has become a uninvited reality for so many of us this year. Instead of dwelling on the down side of it, why not spend the time on projects for your home that we tend to put off?
Here are some suggestions for projects that you could do on any of your furlough Fridays:
1. Organizing overload – If you are anything like me, you have at least one junk drawer that really could use some attention. Furlough Friday is a great day to turn the radio on, and start digging, tossing, and organizing. Check out The Container Store website for some great organizers.
2. Stack ‘em up – Yes, the dreaded garage. In my home, the garage is like the black hole. The place where everything that does not have a place ends up. On furlough Friday, take a trip to the local hardware store for shelves, hooks and other kinds of neat gadgets to help you straighten up. You can even paint the garage floor!
3. Wax on – Wax off – This project isn’t necessarily going to improve your home but how often do you get bonus time to clean, wash and wax your car? Not often! So go buy yourself some Armor All and wash up!
4. Weed killers – Sometimes I think the weeds will overtake my house, swallow up our cars and not allow us to ever leave again. Pulling weeds on furlough Friday, or any Friday for that matter, is probably the last thing you want to do. Unfortunately, weeds are like taxes…we don’t like them, but we have to deal with them! Give yourself an hour or two to go out and attack them with a vengeance. They say it will make you feel better once you are done. It is on my bucket list!
5. Unwind with Umbrellas – Now what is a day off without a little play time? After you spent your furlough Friday tackling some of these projects, it is time to sit by the pool and unwind with an umbrella drink! The perfect end to a perfect summer day.
This is my top five things to do on furlough Friday. I hope you are able to be productive and find some time to relax!