Karen Otto at Home Star Staging is my go-to professional for home staging consultations. Her recent blog post with seven staging tips is a must-read for all potential home sellers. You don't have to spend a ton of money to get your house in tip top selling shape. Her suggestions go beyond just decluttering and cleaning. Karen offers sound advice and her tips will appeal to even the budget conscious seller. Scroll down to read her recommendations and follow these simple steps for staging your home to return the maximum amount on your biggest investment, your home. Thanks for the post, Karen!
Home staging is on a fast track to becoming an industry standard for selling homes in many markets. Here in Dallas, TX we're no exception. The most cost effective service provided by professional home stagers is a home staging consultation and many Realtors are offering this as a value added marketing service to their listing packages.
Even after receiving tips and information from a home staging consultation, a client may feel they have no budget to update their possibly very dated home.
A professional home stager worth their salt can offer up solutions for budget challenges even if the home seller can't afford to do a whole lot. Home stagers aren't in the business of making you spend more money but investing some to get you the best return along with providing real life, cost effective solutions to challenges you may have whether it be budget or design (aesthetic) related.
Here are 7 Money Saving Home Staging Tips with Great ROI & Results
- Remove dark colors and wallpaper. In the vast majority of homes painting a light, warm, neutral color is the best way to go.
- Remove heavy window treatments (or at least the valance & allow the side curtains to hang straight not "swagged")
- Get rid of excess large furniture (even taking the top of a china hutch off, eliminating a table leaf or removing a chair or two helps)
- Clear the clutter to storage! If you don't have time to sort before photos, sort once you move!
- Remove tablecloths and knitted doilies from all tables.
- Strongly consider removing or repurposing area rugs.
- Edit, edit, edit! Pack up ALL dusty faux floral arrangements, collectibles and knick knacks smaller than a cantaloupe. Less is often more when selling a home!
Even if you can't afford higher-end updates or the purchase or rental of home furnishings, minimizing your décor & bringing in natural light can go a long way for a little buck ! Home staging can be affordable and give you a great return on your 'sweat equity' investment. Getting the advice from a home staging professional in your area is the first step to know where to focus and how to do it!
If you liked this blog then you'll love this one: No Budget for Staging? Shop your house!
- Pre-list home staging property consultations
- Post list "trouble shooting" property consultations - no matter how long a home has been on the market there are always ways to improve the chance of sale
- Owner occupied property staging (utilizing owner supplied furniture & accessories or including some of our own inventory)
- Vacant & investment property staging (Full and partial rental furniture packages, accessories and staging services)
- Is your office interested in hosting a home staging class or presentation? Just ask!
- Contact Karen at 496-964-0516 or Karen@homestarstaging.com Interested in starting your own Home Staging Business in Texas, OK or North West LA? I can help! Click the link below in the Staging & Redesign Box!
Home Staging Dallas - Karen Otto