For starters the value of your Milpitas condo or town home is largely determined by such things as location, size, condition and amenities, but there are still a few steps you can take to maximize its worth or value.
Whether you're thinking about home improvements for the reason of putting your home for sale in the current market or just to increase it's current value then do yourself a favor and do it right. Don't Cut Corners. Go with the good stuff. If you're hiring a contractor make sure to ask what his preferred brand is and why. Also make sure to ask what the average life expectancy is of the material and how hard it would be to maintain.
Now what are the actual things you can do to help add value to your Milpitas condo or town-home? Well here are a few choices.
The light improvements
- Re-grout the tile: If the tiles are in good shape then a new grouting will make it look newer and give it a cleaner look specially in the kitchen.
- Change your fixtures: This includes kitchen and bathrooms, Get a faucet that adds a decorative element to the both.
- Paint the interior: A new paint job will do wonders, but you have to make sure to pick the right colors, keep it simple and tasteful specially if you're planning to sell your home.
- Fix anything that needs Minor Repairs: Whether it's a leaky faucet, new kitchen fan, window screens, etc. they need to be fixed to give the home a sense of functionality Buyers want to make sure everything is in working order no matter how small in detail.
Moderate to heavier improvements
- Dress up your porch and entrance: A freshly painted door with a new door handle can make a great first impression.
- Add new light fixtures: Replace any that are damaged or out-of-style.
- Install new doors: Doors set off a room and make a great difference.
- Install new kitchen cabinets: Even just a paint job and some new handles will give your cabinets a fresh look.
- Expose the floors: Remove old carpet and show off the original floor. If you don't have hardwood floors, consider new carpeting or the currently popular laminate flooring which come in many styles.
I invite you to contact me should you have any questions or would like to know more about the current value of your home by simply calling or texting me at 510-999-8149 or emailing me at email@example.com.
If you need to know the value of your home now then follow this link
My current home value!
As always, "I am never too busy for YOU or Your referrals"
Subscribe to CommentsComment