Getting a home loan today can be a nightmare. Here's some helpful tips that hopefully will make your life easier...
· DO contact your Loan Officer prior to any changes in your income or employment (ie – going from salary to commission, W-2 to 1099, or wage earner to self-employed).
· DO provide all the requested documents promptly.
· DO keep documentation on any deposits made into your accounts other than regular payroll deposits.
· DO keep copies of earnest money deposits and pre-paid upgrade deposits along with the bank statements to verify the checks have cleared your account.
· DO NOT incur any additional debts while your application is in process (ie – auto, credit card, furniture, etc.)
· DO NOT change employers or industry in which you work without consulting your Loan Officer.
· DO NOT co-sign on a loan/line of credit/account for anyone while your loan is in process.
· DO NOT pack, ship or discard, any information that may be required at a later date such as W-2’s, tax returns, bank statements, divorce decree, DD 214, etc.
· DO NOT allow any unnecessary credit inquiries!
Friendswood Homes for Sale