'Missing households' represent big source of pent-up demandTrulia estimates backlog in household formation at 2.4 million
By Paul Hagey - Household formation, especially among young adults between 18 and 34 years old, lags far behind historical norms but will bounce back slowly in the years ahead, according to a recent analysis by Trulia Chief Economist Jed Kolko.
Before the housing bust, an average of 1.1 million households - defined as one or more people who live in the same home - were formed each year in the U.S. >>Read More Inman News
7 Day Mortgage Interest Rate lock or Float Advice: LOCK
The cost for a 4.00% rate based on Mortgage Backed Securities is down 0.05 point.
30 Day Mortgage Interest Rate Lock or Float Advice: LOCK
- National Average for 30-Yr Fixed Mortgage Rate declined to 4.31% on July 25.
- MBS (3.5%) Closed at 100.69, High: 100.69, Low: 100.31
- DJI Stocks currently $15,557.48, Up $15.24, Change 0.098%
- Asian & European Stock Market Indexes changed -0.313%
- Crude Oil (WTI) Currently $105.43 - Change 0.04%
- Gold 1 Once - $1,331.21