II came across this tool and use it all the time to record details while I'm using Skype, or news reports, or anything.
The Freecorder Toolbar is useful for recording songs, extracting audio from videos, recording internet radio, recording from your computer's microphone or line-in ports, and recording from other devices. Other features include:
- Records what you hear from your PC's speakers
- Supports all Windows versions
- Background noise is eliminated
- Removes silence from start and end of recording
- Easy-to-use record, stop and pause functions
- Saves recordings as MP3 or WAV files
- No spyware, adware or viruses
- Includes a powerful Google-based search, and optional browser enhancements like a radio player, weather bug, pop-up blocker and search highlighter
- It's FREE!
- Check it out att: www.freecorder.com.