Michael Thornton of Complete Home Inspections Inc.
From a One-Man Operation to a Thriving Business
As real estate agents, we want to make sure we are always providing the best service to our clients. That includes the vendors who are assisting us during a transaction. The three services that have the largest impact on my ability to constanting wow my clients are: lenders, home inspectors and title attorneys.
For this reason, I no longer provide my clients with a list of vendors to pick from to perform these tasks. Most clients, take my recommendations. Obviously, buyers can choose whomever they want, but I highly recommend my preferred vendors. These people do an excellent job and make me look good. A win-win scenario for all of us.
After reading Michael Thornton's most recent post about growing his business, I decided to give him a call. Franklin TN is experiencing a seller's market right now. As a result, Michael Thornton of Complete Home Inspections Inc. is moving from a one-man operation to a thriving business.
Here are just a few of the exciting things that are happening in his business. He has added two full-time inspectors and an administrative assistant will be starting to take over the many administrative duties of his job. He is working solely as a back-up inspector but is still putting in 80 to 90 hours a week with all the administrative duties he has to fulfill. You can see how an admin assistant will help him.
The vast majority of Michael's business, 99%, comes from real estate agents. To grow that business Michael participates in vendor fairs offered by real estate brokerages. However, 20% of the agents he works with provide 80% of his business.
About 98% of his business is a result of buyers needing a home inspection. Ten percent of that is in the area of new construction. Kudos to those agents who are successfully convincing their buyers to get an independent home inspection on new construction. The other 2% of his business is re-inspects for one reason or another.
Michael really understands the importance of keeping his real estate agents happy. To better serve his existing clientele, he is implementing some new services that he believes will catapult his business. As a real estate agent, I would agree. He has some exciting things on the horizon.
Here are just a few of the things you can expect to see from Michael Thornton of Complete Home Inspections, Inc.:
- 90 day home warranties: This feature is an added bonus to buyers. Especially, those who don't get a home warranty from the home sellers.
- Recall checks: This applies to buyers who may have recalls on major systems such as HVAC units.
- Homeowner's Network: This network will provide access to buyers on homeowner's maintenance tips. It can also be agent branded to provide regular updates to buyers. They'll think the updates are coming from their real estate agent. Michael will actually be providing this as a perk to his agents. It will be branded for both he and the agent.
By this time next year, Michael hopes to add an additional five inspectors to his company. He has already purchased company uniforms to reinforce his brand name.
Michael Thornton of Complete Home Inspections, Inc. has some exciting things in the works. Right now, his business is requiring many hours as he moves from a one-man operation to a thriving business. The process has been very exciting to him and the personal growth he is experiencing has been an added bonus.
Be sure to check out Michael Thornton's blog and for those looking for a home inspector in Davidson, Williamson and Rutherford County be sure to call Michael at (615) 661-0297.