What We Have in Common, Getting to Know Each Other Better-Contest
An August Challenge in ActiveRain
I wrote a post a few months ago just for fun about some things that people probably did not know about me. It opened up so much discussion and interaction that several people suggested it would make a good contest. So Kerrie has blessed the idea and we now have a new Contest/Challenge to help us get to know more about each other and see what we may have in common.
Write a Blog Post about the Past sharing 10 things that your ActiveRain family probably doesn't know about you. Write telling us about these ten things from the past, things you have done, adventures, what were you like back then, famous people you may have met, you get the idea. You can even give a little explanation if you would like about the circumstances because that will make it more interesting and fun.
Make the post a minimum of 200 words. Be sure to put in your post that these are things about you From the Past. You may also add a photo or graphic if you would like. Put a link in your post to this contest post so others can see what this is all about and join in the fun.
Some examples of things from the Past would be:
- You hitchhiked across Europe after college.
- You worked at a chicken farm plucking chickens.
- You took cooking lessons but still can't boil an egg.
- You rode in an hot air balloon or ziplined across Royal Gorge.
- You gave a speech in front of 500 people and passed out.
- You married your childhood sweetheart that you met in grammar school and are still married.
- You were a hula hoop champion.
- You went skinny dipping in a public pool, loved it and now are a closet nudist.
- You graduated top of your class and were supposed to be a doctor.
- You were born as an identical triplet.
Get the idea, dig deep and remember some of those things that made you what you are today. It doesn't have to be sensational, just a tidbit of information that you don't mind sharing. Remember limit it to only 10 things in the contest post.
From the Present (in a separate post), share 10 things we may not know about you now. Make this post also a minimum of 200 words and elaborate if you would like. Be sure to put in your post that these are things about you From the Present. You may also add a photo or graphic if you would like. Put a link in your post to this contest post so others can see what this is all about and play too.
Some examples of things from the present:
- You have been married ten times.
- You would like to go on an African Safari.
- You never eat anything green or you only eat green things.
- You like to bungee jump, still.
- You have 25 grandchildren.
- You are a gourmet chef and are ready to launch your world tour.
- You would like to publish a book or just published one.
- You love going to a mountain cabin and roughing it.
- You live on 4 hours of sleep a night and like it that way.
- You are a Harley Babe.
Understand? Again, you can tell us something that is a simple fact like I would love to be a redhead, people tell me I have beautiful eyes, etc.
Now if you write both contest posts that meet the criteria you will get a total of 1000 points. Or you can write only One from the Past and/or one from the Present. You can do one or both. Got it? You will be rewarded 500 points for each post as long as it meets the criteria. If you don't clearly state From the Past or From the Present in your entry posts they will not be counted. I will not be notifying anyone that their post is lacking any ingredient to receive the contest points. This is to be easy and fun and that means on me too. Post your post links in one comment on this post.
Contest starts August 1st and runs through August 17th 11:59pm PDT.
Have fun and don't be afraid to share. This will help us learn more about one another and find out if we have things in common that will help establish new relationships.
When you are done, in one comment only on this contest post, put the links to your entry or entries. Only one comment with the links per entrant (not entry) please. So if you do two posts, then include them in one comment only.
Any questions, please just email or call me. Now go have some fun remembering the old days when you were a wild child and the new modern you of today with all your hang-ups and want-to-dos. Let your hair down and share a little.