Union, NJ, is home to nearly 57,000 people. It occupies northern Union County in the area that was called Connecticut Farms in the 18th Century. Nearly 57,000 people live in Union.
There are six primary (PreK-4) schools:
- Battle Hill School
- Hannah Caldwell School
- Connecticut Farms Elementary School
- Franklin School
- Livingston School
- Washington School
In July, there were 335 homes listed for sale and 33 homes sold. This results in a months supply of 8.2. This number tells you how many months it would take for all the current homes for sale on the market to sell, based upon the rate of sales in the past. A Months of Supply of more than 5 months is what real estate professionals often call a "buyer's market." This means that there are more sellers than buyers in the area and homes are selling slower than they are being put on the market. Typically, this decreases prices. Historically, however, the months supply in Union is significantly lower than it was this time last year when it was over 14.
The average list price of a home in Union in July was $268,185, nearly level with the average list price for hte past year. The average sale price was $270,035, roughly 4% higher than the average sale price in June and more than 7% higher than the average sale price in July of 2012.
Homes in Union are selling, on average, after 84 days on the market. Contrast this with the 161 days a home was on the market before selling in January of 2012.
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast - 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! - 01/12/12
To see photos and descriptions of all of the homes currently offered for sale in Union, please click here.
If you're considering selling your Union home, call us today for a free comparative market analysis of your home.
For more information on Union Real Estate:
- 4 steps to Selling your Home in Union - 07/05/13
- It's a Buyer's Market in Union! - 07/01/13
- Real Estate Market Report for Union, NJ - April, 2013 - 05/28/13
- JUST LISTED!! 1937 Arbor Lane, Union - 05/13/13
- Market Report for Union, for January-March, 2013 - 04/07/13
- JUST SOLD! 1473 Burnet Ave, Union - 12/27/12
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? - 02/24/13
- Real Estate Market Looking Up In Union, NJ - 10/26/12
- How do additional bathrooms or bedrooms affect market value in Union? - 10/13/12
- Free Market Analysis of Union, NJ - 08/01/12
- Union NJ Market Report for the First Half of 2012 - 08/01/12
- Union NJ Marketing Trends - 03/18/12