Scotch Plains, NJ is home to about 23,000 people in southern Union County. It was the site of the Battle of Short Hills during the American Revolution. It was also home of the first African American country club, the Shady Rest Country Club, now the site of the Scotch Hills Municipal golf course.
Students in Scotch Plains are served by the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Regional School District which includes five elementary schools, two middle schools, and Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School. Scotch Plains is also home to theUnion County Vocational Technical Schools and Union Catholic Regional High School. Union County College has a facility in Scotch Plains as well.
New Jersey Transit passes through Scotch Plains and carries passengers to the Port Authority in Manhattan in about 45 minutes, making for an easy commute for Scotch Plains residents working in New York City.
In Scotch Plains, there were 151 homes offered for sale in July and 27 sold homes. This represents the highest number of sold homes since July of 2012 (28), yet the inventory is much lower than it has been for the past year.
How does that affect you? If you're planning to buy a home, the low inventory means you may pay a higher price. If you're selling a home, the low inventory may mean that you can sell it quicker.
The average sold price in Scotch Plains in July was $554,378, higher than it's been since January of 2012. The average list price was $581,768.
More interesting to Scotch Plains buyers and sellers is the months of inventory available in Scotch Plains. The real estate market in Scotch Plains shows that there are currently 5.4 months of inventory available. This number tells you how many months it would take for all the current homes for sale on the market to sell, based upon the rate of sales in the past. A Months of Supply of 5 months is what real estate professionals often call a "normal market."
Team Zuhl is here to help you every step of the way. Please call or email us when you're ready to get your home on the market! Good luck!
For more information on selling a home:
- 3 Simple Steps To Selling Your Home Fast - 03/26/12
- 4 Ways to Get Union County Homes to Sell Quicker!! - 01/12/12
For more information on Scotch Plains Real Estate:
- Sell My Scotch Plains Home in 7 Steps - 06/03/13
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report for April, 2013 - 05/27/13
- Scotch Plains Real Estate Market Report for Jan.-March, 2013 - 04/08/13
- How long will my Union County home be on the market? - 02/24/13
- Buying and Selling a Home in Scotch Plains - 01/13/13
- Shift in Scotch Plains Real Estate Market - 10/26/12
- How does the number of baths/beds affect sale price in Scotch Plains? - 10/13/12
- Free Market Report of Scotch Plains! - 08/18/12
- Scotch Plains Market Report - 07/20/12
- Scotch Plains Market Trends - 03/11/12