I checked my closet over the weekend and, since no skeletons tumbled out, I thought this could be fun to do!
1. I was in radio for 20 years as a DJ and, yes, I do have PLENTY of stories. Vince Gill was the sweetest artist I ever met. The best interview I ever had was George Jones. I need to find that tape.
2. I searched for, and found, my birthmom in 30 days in 1996. We had an amazing 4 years together before she passed in 2000.
3. A clown car ran over my foot at a Mardi Gras parade in 1972-I've hated clowns ever since. I know, I was only 5 at the time but...still!!
4. I started and stopped college 4 times before finally getting my associate's degree in 2010. My first downfall was when UT-El Paso opened up beer sales at the Student Union the year I was there.
5. My uncle was an actor and appeared in a few TV shows and movies like Rollercoaster and The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight. I like to brag that he also appeared in Star Trek - The Original Series. He didn't 'die' until the second commercial break! (For the curious, it was "What Little Girls Are Made Of". He was Dr. Brown). My aunt was also an actor who starred on a short lived soap called "Texas".
6. I knew my mother in law before I met my husband! She would come on my community talkshow in Las Cruces to talk about fundraising events at the womens shelter.
7. I have lived in 7 states- Illinois, Florida, Texas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Virginia and Arizona - with a repeat of 2 (Texas and New Mexico)
8. The 2nd best job I ever had was as a radio instructor in Northern Virginia.
9. I learned to play golf at Lee Trevino's courses in Santa Teresa, NM. He used to sit on his porch and watch us kids play. He made me go back and replay a hole once because I wasn't hitting the ball 'enthusiastically enough' for him.
10. I belonged to a group of NM State University sports fans that tailgate for all the womens sports - volleyball, basketball, softball, and soccer. Whenever I get back to Las Cruces and there's a tailgate, I always hit it up. It's SO much fun :)