When purchasing an Manufactured home in Michigan with FHA financing the lender may require Affidavit of Affixture. Unfortunately some sellers have never applied and received one. Most of the time this is not a problem when dealing with traditional sellers, but when your dealing with a Bank Owned Home there are some hurdles to overcome. Buyers must be proactive and take it upon themselves at times to make the deal come together. Here is the process...and the time line.
1) Upon receipt of Application the processing time is 7 to 10 business Days
2) $90.00 Application Fee, payable to the State of Michigan
3) Name of Owner
7) Year of Manufacture
8) Serial Number
9) Legal Description of Property on which home sits
10) Signatures of all owners
11) All Forms Notarized with Notary's signature
12) Secured parties - 30i (1)(v) The name of each holder of a security interest in the mobile home, together with the written consent of each holder to the termination of the security interest an the cancellation of the certificate of title under subsection (2), if applicable.
Additional Information can be obtained by mailing or calling the Secretary of State
Secretary Of State Information Services Division, Secondary Complex, 7064 Crowner Drive, Lansing, Michigan 48918
Good Luck on your Sale or Purchase of your new home!
Michael St. Peter
The Bayshore Group
Traverse City, Michigan 49686