As you near your closing date, your Realtor is going to schedule the final walk-through on your soon-to-be-home. If you aren’t sure what a walk-through is or why you’re having one, don’t worry you’re not alone, as even some seasoned buyers don’t fully understand the how important a final walk-through is in the buying process.
Here’s why your Virginia Beach VA Realtor insists that you have a final walk-through before going to closing.
1. To make sure that everything included in the original sales agreement from appliances to window treatments are still in the property.
2. To check the working order of the systems including, heating, air conditioning, water heater, and to confirm all appliances are fully functional.
3. To verify that all agreed-upon repairs have been made and copies of paid receipts and related warranties are in available.
4. To ensure the property is in the same condition, as when the purchase agreement was ratified. All walls, carpets, wood floors, windows, and the ceilings must not be damaged.
5. To confirm the seller has removed all personal items and there is no debris or trash remaining.